Sunday, December 11, 2011

"First Christmas Together" clear ornament. (Primera Navidad Juntos)


Most of you know that my son Brandon is stationed in South Korea with the ARMY. Most of you also know that he married his High School sweetheart last summer. Guess what ??? He finally was able to get his wife to S Korea with him, exactly a month ago !!! :) Winters are extremely harsh there, and this is their first year celebrating Christmas away from their families. So, I thought I'd make a Christmas ornament, that will always remind them of their First Christmas Together in their new home, so far away.

I stamped the image on clear cardstock and colored it with Bic Mark It markers. Then, I sprayed a little glue inside the ornament and sprinkled some white glitter inside. I carefully rolled the stamped image to be able to insert it inside the glass ornament. I then added lots of white coarse glitter. After the cap was in place, I decorated the ornament with ribbon and bells. To document the year and place, I punched out circles to use as tags, and wrote down the info.

***** Esta adorno de Navidad, lo hice para mi hijo y su esposa. Están recién casados y les ha tocado irse a vivír a Korea del Sur, mientras mi hijo Brandon cumple con su trabajo en el ARMY.  Los inviernos allí son muy crudos y será la primer Navidad que pasen lejos de sus familias. Decidí hacerles un adorno, que les recuerde para siempre, esta primera Navidad juntos y dónde se encontraban.
Estampé la imágen en acetato y la coloreé con  Bic Mark It. Eché un poco de pega en "spray" y agregué escarcha blanca. Enrolle el acetato para colocarlo dentro de la bola de cristal. después de colocada la tapa, lo decoré con cintas y cascabeles. Añadí un "tag" con el nombre del lugar y el año.







This last picture says: "Our First Christmas Together" 2011. And yes, the package was full of Christmas goodies !!! As a matter of fact, there were two packages headed to their home in S Korea. LOL And I will be sending a third one this week. Oh well, you know ... Moms :) ....

Reminder: Don't forget to click the link on the tabs to "Shop ADORABLE" to see my new stamp line !!!

1 comment: