Hellooooooo everyone !!! HaPPY VaLenTInE'S DaY to you all !!! You should be arriving here from Theresa's blog at http://www.thescrapbookingqueen.com/. If you just started right here at my blog, I am so sure you don't want to miss all of the other "Vintage Valentine) projects so, click right here if you want to check them out from the beginning. Thank you Jess for giving me the opportunity (again) to be a part of this great blog hop.
I love Vintage !!! I wanted to make something that will last and that wouldn't get put away in a drawer or lost on a shelf. So, I decided to make an altered Tank Top. It was sooooooo much fun.
- Wash and dry the Tank Top
- "AGE" your Tank Top, by coloring it with COFFEE !!!
- In a big pot, mix water, a cup or two left over coffee (preferably strong), a tablespoon of salt.
- Add the Tank Top to the mixture
- Heat to a boil
- lightly hand wash, rinse and dry
- Gather and sew a strip of lace to the armholes on the Tank Top
- Cut out a template of a heart.
- Cut out a heart using the template and sew to the Tank Top.
- Sew a crocheted doily to the heart
- Gather all the pieces of lace and ribbon from your stash, and start sewing them onto the heart.
- Completed front view:
- Back view: