Hello there !!! I hope you got here from http://www.scrapbookaholic.blogspot.com/ because that would mean you are on the right track! LOL. Halloween is one of my favorite Holidays: love the colors, the magic, the weather, the fun ... the treats. This hop is a real challenge, because I was asked to create a Halloween craft with my Cricut Imagine and at this moment there is not a single Imagine cartridge with a Halloween theme. So, since the Cricut Imagine accepts cartridges designed for the Cricut Expression I took those cartridges and installed them into my Imagine. I worked the shapes by coloring them with the colors and patterns of my Imagine cartridges, as I will illustrate shortly. And let me tell you: THE IMAGINE MADE THIS PROJECT SO MUCH FUN AND EASY !!! THE IMAGINE ROCKS !
When making crafts out of cardstock, I like to make things that will last. The craft I made for today's blog hop is a set of monsters that have a magnet on the back (hence the name Monster MAG-ness), so that you can use them on your refrigerator door or any other place you wish to decorate with them.
What did I use to make my Monster magnets ???
- chipboard (I used recycled one from cereal boxes)
- Cricut cartridge Paper Doll Dress Up (PDDU)
- Imagine cartridge Imagine More
- white cardstock from DCWV
- liquid glue
- Cricut Expression to cut the chipboard
- Cricut Imagine to color the cut shapes
- Peachy Keen Stamps
- brown ink pad
- googly eyes
Lets do it ! :
- Cut your chipboard shapes on your Cricut Expression, using Multicut (3X)
- glue togetter two chipboard shapes if the cut out shape is to flimsy.
- First, insert your Imagine cartridge into the Imagine. Once the machine has accepted it, insert the "regular" cartridge.
- Select the images you want to cut from the PDDU cartridge.
- Now, select the little icon that will take you to use the Imagine More cartridge, from which you will add color to your shapes.
- Select the image you want to EDIT.
- This image will show up and you will tap on the "pencil" image. Now, choose your size, color, etc.
- Once on the "MAT SCREEN" tap on the images layed out on the mat for further editing. In this occasion, I tapped the copy symbol, as seen in the picture. It takes a few seconds, but it will make an identical copy of the shape selected.
- This is how my first images came out.
- How cool is this??? This are most of the cuts I needed for my project, as I am making extra Monster magnets to give away. SUPER fast, SUPER fun and, SUPER easy. I LOVE MY CRICUT IMAGINE !!!!
- HAVE FUN DRESSING UP YOUR MONSTERS !!! ... And glue a round magnet on the back. Look at what my Monster magnet is holding on my refrigerator !!! LOL
Ok. So now run to see what's waiting for you over at http://pausedreamenjoy.blogspot.com/ !!!!
Here is the list of all the Super cool, talented ladies taking part on this blog hop. It is kind of a map in case you get lost.
http://www.crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com/ Host of this blog hop.
http://dreamofcrafting.blogspot.com/ THAT'S ME !!!!