How are you all doing ???? I am doing great, and waiting for my soldier to come home by mid June, and my sailor by the end of July. Brandon, my soldier, will be marrying his high school sweetheart when he comes home on vacation, and before leaving to S. Korea. In the meantime, I try to keep busy with ... gosh, so many things !!! LOL One of the things I will be doing is, I volunteered to make Cowboy themed cupcakes or a cake for my grandson's last day of Day Care party. I am sure I will be throwing in something else !!! LOL
Well, to the project. :) I love vellum. Some years ago, I used to make handmade 100% vellum cards, colored them by hand, and pierced the paper to make it look like it was a piece of embroidered fine linen. I got the All Wrapped Up cartridge (great cartridge- love it), and flipping through the pages I saw this gorgeous card, shaped like a butterfly. It had a pair of wings as a layer. Without hesitation, I grabbed my vellum paper to make the wings. Let me tell you, the Imagine prints and cuts vellum beautifully.
- cartridge: All Wrapped Up
- vellum paper
- American Crafts white cardstock
- swarovski crystals (or any flat back crystals)
- embossing stylus
- paper piercer
- Glimmer Mist
- Print and cut butterfly with regular cardstock
- Print and cut layers in vellum. Set blade to: speed 2, pressure 3, depth 4. Make sure your mat is sticky enough to hold the vellum uniformly (no bubbles).
- Set you ink to "DRAFT" quality
- Spray the wings with Glimmer Mist (I used white)
- Glue the wings to the vellum butterfly layer.
- Add crystals and pearls. Embellish paper with paper piercing.
- Emboss the flowers on the wings. Do this with the embossing stylus on the back of the paper, as shown.
Have a nice weekend, everyone !!!! :)